Friday, September 11, 2009

Rememebering 911 and Where we were and how far we have come!

Remembering 911 and Where we were?

The year is now 2009. It has been 8 years since the world changed. Everyone is remembering, radio, on facebook, phone calls! Where were you on that September morning when the planes soared to their end? The question for today on so many minds!

There have been many news worthy events that have effected many people but nothing as dramatic as the morning of 911. Wide spread media – from internet to TV. have brought it to our homes – and keep bringing it. So many things have been written about 911.

My mother passed away at 5:30 a.m. on September 11, 2001. The world stopped but I stopped earlier. Saying good-bye, making arrangements,… and then the phone rings – go watch TV!........ We saw but did not compute! We went on our way down to the funeral home, the cemetery. ! spent a lovely day with my dad. Very strange to say tha!. My mom had just died! But it was as if she was watching over us. We were able to remember and know she wasn’t suffering any longer. We went to a nice little restaurant for lunch. And somehow we didn’t hear the world crying!

My daughter went to the airport in Thunder Bay to make arrangements to come home from University. No flights! Now reality is starting to hit. She went three times to be told to come back later. No one knew what to do! She ended up taking the bus from Thunder Bay. It is a long bus ride – 28 hours. Normally an empty bus was now full. She made it just in time for the funeral.

This morning facebook stories tell about the phone calls – new born babies,kids broken legs and visiting the hospital, being sent home from work, TV’s on mute and being turned up, crying all day and nursing babies, … everyone has their story. Thank you for sharing. Many many people died that day and many just stopped living a little bit!

The world goes on! I was working on a scrapbook and putting things in order. Funny how the order became …. Before mom died and what happened after! I started to realize that so much had happened since then. My mind might have stopped but the world did go on.

So much good living has happened. My daughter got married. She had children. My other daughter got married. She had a baby. My life changed.  I became a grandma and also learned to live on my own again. Yes life goes on! But it is so good to remember!

No one really dies if you remember them. The life is in our thoughts, our memories and if we are lucky our pictures. Pray this day! And REMEMBER!

No comments: