Wednesday, September 30, 2009

E@t dessert first!

The future is always beginning now.

- Mark Strand

Eat dessert first!

I love the idea of enjoying life.

For so long life seemed a struggle. Just getting through the day! So much to do! Things that needed to be done! Simple everyday tasks just seemed to much. Why cook dinner if no one was going to eat it. Or the suggestion – 'lets not try this recipe again!' The dreary struggle just to get out of bed! Always ready to break in to tears. Crying at commercials! Heavens they are just angels advertising toilet paper!


Maybe you have been there. Maybe you still are there!

But I didn’t like myself very much then. Why would anyone want to be around me if I didn’t want to be around myself?
Some call it depression!
I called it marriage!

You stay together for the kids but is that realistic. Will they appreciate your sacrifice? And it feels like a sacrifice.

You stay together because you are married and the vows you took. But people are breaking the law every day!Answer: Is that paper so important that you can’t just rip it?

You stay together because your job is in your home – not just keeping the home clean but you need the physical building because clients come there.Answer: They could always come someplace else.

You stay together because you can’t afford to be on your own. Answer: There are always ways to make money and you do get half of everything you accumulated during those together days.

You have never been on your own.  Answer: You are never too old to learn something new. Find out who YOU are!

Another b*tch session and the ‘well if you meant it you would do it.'

The brain is a funny thing. It takes awhile to really grasp an idea but once it does it moves. And the Law of Attraction takes effect. Next time I was out for dinner with our group I ended up sitting beside a real estate agent. Next thing I knew I was looking at places to live. Our house was up for sale. And my future was changed.

This brings me back to the idea of enjoying life.

Life is meant to be lived.

Laughter is the best medicine.

I have made some crazy financial decisions in the last few years. But they were MY decisions. I am not saying it wouldn’t have been great to have someone there to discuss my ideas with. Someone to listen to my ideas and share their ideas. Not just the negative – ‘you can’t do that! Have you really thought of what you are doing? What a dumb idea! You aren’t as young as you used to be!’ (duhhhh!) So my decisions are my own! I have been on a very long road through the woods. I am going to get to the other side soon. I am positive! The path may go through many side trips and around many corners but I will get there. I am positive!


Financial freedom is not the goal but a means to the goal. I want to enjoy life. Laugh, meet people and do many new things. I have a bucket list which I add to constantly. Nothing like going to the moon - just not interested … hey wait maybe….! There are so many possibilities.

Be the BEST you can be!  and when in doubt – Eat dessert first! ... You might not have room for it otherwise!

Enjoy life! The future is always beginning now.

No comments: