Friday, January 1, 2010


Good Year!


What is it about a fresh year meaning a fresh start? The school starts in September, the flowers start to grow in the spring and more animals are born in the spring after a long cold winter.  January 1 falls in the middle of cold, snowy days, just after we have seen the longest day of the year. Hey! that is a good reason to celebrate especially here is Ontario - the days start to get longer. But that is not what people usually think of when they think of January 1.

It is the start of a new year. The start of a new month. Time to make new beginnings. New Resolutions! Time for new hope! This is a great time to reflect on the past - the past year, the past dreams, our health, and see how we can improve the future. We want to learn from our past mistakes or even congratulate ourselves on what we did right. But there is always the underlying thought! How can we improve?
We start simple - wishing everyone a happy New Year. Then move on to making our resolutions - starting personal: drink less, eat better, go to the gym, all the things to make us heathier; then move on to visiting/ calling friends, then the big clincher - how to improve our finances… and of course taking holidays, spending time with families,…
This is a lot to accomplish in one day!
So many resolutions disappear after a day or maybe a week. Or maybe you just never get started. What could make it different this year? Well YOU could!

You are a year older and a year wiser! Take control! Make changes and plan changes that mean something to you! Not the generic `world peace` nice but doesn’t seem to be happening. So what can you do to change just your part of your world?

I started ending the year getting back to my work outs. Didn’t realize how much time had passed but my muscles are letting me know it was a long time. Now I am looking at my calendar to book my workouts.  I am a reluctant exercise participant but love it when I get stated.
2. Back to my blog. Being accountable to me and anyone who reads this. Great way to make you do something.

3. Listen to teleseminar. Time to get back to my course and get something accomplished.

4. Started the day with a good breakfast (after a relaxing sleep in … can’t be too crazy it is Jan 1)

5. Taking time to reflect and plan. Where do I want to go and accomplish this year?

6. Planning a get together for friends.

Nothing too unreasonable. Something I can accomplish.

 I accomplished a lot this year. Lost 40 pounds and was in the best shape ever. Now to get back on track and loose the last 10 pounds. Putting exercise on my calendar will help. Schedule the time. Not something to `get around to`!


Wishing you HEALTH, HAPPINESS and FUN oh and WEALTH in 2010 and beyond. And I will meet you on your journey.

No comments: