Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Push I need to the Road to Health and Fitness

Maybe that is the push I needed. To scare myself! Monday night I came back to the city. (Returned my grandsons home to St Thomas and made the 630km rainy trip back) Tuesday I stepped on the scale and saw the damage I had done to me. Right then I took control of me. I AM THE TREAT – NOT THE FOOD. I can do this! I felt so proud of myself when I had lost the 25 lbs before. I AM NOT GOING TO GAIN IT BACK!

I started back on IDEAL PROTEIN. This is a great nutritional program. I have decided to keep it simple this time. Shakes and puddings for breakfast and lunch and a nice dinner – meat and salad or vegetables. There are 40 different foods to choose from – chili, soups, drinks, porridge, etc. But this time I am keeping it simple. And I HAVE LOST 4 ½ POUNDS by Friday. Feel better and on track.

I am now at the cottage and being good. No better than good. I AM GREAT! Remember the treat is me! Me feeling good about myself! Me feeling like I can do anything! Evenings I have treated myself to BBQ Soya or Sour cream or Chocolate puffs (another Ideal Protein food). Tastes great and fills me.

I will be going back on Tuesday and see how I did after one week.
I have had one detour – a friend came over for an ION CLEANSE DETOX and brought the most delicious treats. OMG! Worth the set back! I won’t describe it because I don’t want you to think it is okay to cheat. But if you are going to make sure it is a really really worth it. Why waste will power on something not worth it?
I even resisted the BBQ hamburgers and the outdoor concert in Westport. We were sitting right beside them and they smelled so good – and I was starving. I forgot to bring my own snack. But I pretended I had a hamburger covered in onions and other tasty things. And then it was finished! I had to do that 3 times. But I made it through and the concert was fantastic. Oldest and Goldies music by the Dohorty Brothers. Right on the lawn of the Cove Inn in Westport. It was there Music Festival and we stumbled on it. Had a fantastic afternoon – then back to the cottage for a swim, a canoe ride, and relaxing. What a life!
Now it is time for a swim as I have rambled along reliving my last couple of weeks. The bottom line for me is – CONGRATULATIONS TO ME! I have taken my life back and am on track. Sometimes you have to have a detour to find the Road to Health.

No comments: