Sunday, August 23, 2009

On The Road to Taking Control

Wowhoo! I did it! Lost 8lbs in 12 days. And not feeling hungry! Well still want the snacks and have to remind myself -I AM THE TREAT NOT THE FOOD! Hard to do. Of course the first part is water retention,... blaablaa... I know the deal! and it won't be that good again. And some of that was what I had just put on. But that is not the point - I have to remind myself. I AM BACK ON TRACK. Weight management is a life time life style. I am not talking about weight loss but weight management. You can't treat yourself - and this time I mean the food intact - not exercise - and expect your body to be yours. It is but under the bubble you have created on top of the good stuff.
Hey I like that - the BUBBLE you have created!
Like any bubble you have to burst it. Now this bubble isn't just air but it is water, fat(yuck!) and other stuff that you had too much of. So pop! let's get rid of it.
On a fun note I went to the Greek Festival last night. Not sure what the big attraction is? I have always wanted to go and talked my girlfriend into going. We definitly weren't the only ones. Great crowds (did I mention I don't really like crowds) but the evening was perfect to be outside. A perfect summer evening! We finally got to the right lineup for food - and once there it was quick service. Choose the Greek Chicken Soulvaki and salad. Tasty! (It was a different line up for a drink) Went to the dinning area! Loud! Don't know how tents can be so loud but it was like a swarm of bees. Ate and quickly went back outside. Looked at the souveniers and left. The music was nice but the guy kept talking and we couldn't hear what he was saying. Maybe next year I will get again and see a different side to the Greek Festival.
We are still having fantastic weather. It is the end of August and I am loving the season. Summer started off ... well it took a long time starting.. but now it is here.
Yesterday's workout included weights so I can take today off for that. Time to go for a walk and enjoy the day!

No comments: