Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Holidaying down the Adventure Road



Well finally summer is here. And what a fantastic weekend it is. I have extended my mini-holiday. It started off as just a weekend at the cottage to staying up till Tuesday. (you can do that when you work at home and only do a couple of days out). The temperature is reaching 90* in the shade. But when you are by the lake – warm is nice and what a nice breeze through the trees. Wish I could share this with you. Come for a visit.

So how has my Fitness Adventure been going? Well a few set backs with my arm and leg. I like to think they were over worked but maybe old age – (OLD AGE!! we won’t think about that). Went for testing on my arm (it froze up when I was gardening. My hand just wouldn’t work. I had to write something and had to place my pen in my hand and use it as a single unit. Scared me I can tell you! When your fingers don’t work – well that is what makes us different than a lot of other animals – we have fingers! So went for this zap test – neurological testing of the nerves to see if there was a blockage (ie carpool tunnel). (Didn’t like the sound of that). Well now I know what the spy movies are all about. You have no control when they zap you. Bingo! Zap! Muscles twitch! And jump! Doesn’t hurt but it does at the same time. You have to really make yourself relax. Long story short – the tech didn’t think it was carpool tunnel but we must wait for the doctor’s results. A couple of weeks. Nice thing is if I don’t use my hand and arm it doesn’t hurt. So any ideas what it could be? Tendonitis? Arthritis? Just plain frustrating?

And the muscle in my leg – here I go again complaining! Must have pulled a muscle kick-boxing, and attempting to run. Every time I tried a little jog I am back to square 1. and limping. So how do people do it? It looks so easy. Everything looks easy when someone else does it.

I just had a fantastic time with my grandsons. They are 3 and 5 year old boys. Boys do not sit! They hunt for frogs, or spiders, of just run or swim or just move! They are so adorable and cute! – Hey! they are MY grandsons so I can say that. Love the little guys. I was able to watch them with their parents and aunt and her boyfriend for the long weekend and then I got them to myself for a week. We had so much fun. Love to wake up in the early morning with a light tap on the cheek – ‘Granma are you awake?’ – ‘am now!’ and the day started.

While my daughter we here I got to cuddle with the newest born little guy, Jake. He was born June 10. So little and cuddly! They grow up so fast.

So for over a week I enjoyed my holiday. No pushups, or squats, or lunges, or … well you get the picture. And I didn’t worry about what I was eating. Guess I should have! My plateau broke. But the wrong way. I gained 5 pounds! How could that happen! Oh maybe the Icecaps or the timbits or the extra chicken nuggets the boys didn’t eat. I get the picture. And it scared me. For months now nothing was changing on the scale. Went up a pound and down a pound, but basically stayed the same. Then in one week it jumps!

No comments: