Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On the Road to Keeping on the Road

I am doing it. Keeping on the road. Not always easy. The brain is a funny thing. It convinces you you need to eat or... or what? The world won't fall apart, you won't die if you don't eat or miss one meal. But we convince ourselves at the first rumble of the tummy we must eat,...or... what? So back to the comfort food which we grab quickly. Anything to keep the beast happy. A couple of cookies, whatever was left over, even a delightful capacino or other lovely drink that creates the full feeling(that is because it is full of sugar, fat, carbs). Then it is time to get dinner ready. (hey didn't we just eat the equivalent of a meal!)
Nothing wrong to enjoy something but I must remember what is a treat not have one every time I turn around. Those extra calories add up.
Yesterday my daughter wanted a Mc IceCap with chocolate milk. I enjoy those. Great treat on a hot day. Half way through I gave her mine to finish. Just didn't enjoy it. Now before I would have finished. Hey I paid for it... I am going to finish it. But I just wasn't enjoying it.
I am in Ketosis (no sugar of any kind - natural or the type we recongize)which means no fruit as well. And I am NOT hungry. Yes my stomach gives me the universal sign but it doesn't bother me (anymore). I don't jump to feed the beast. But sometimes I do forget to feed it.
Yesterday I had my shake for breakfast. Then went shopping. Bought my daughter and myself the Ice Cap. (which I didn't really drink). When I got home I was busy and forgot to eat my pudding. And the headache I got... wow! reminded me that I must feed the beast whether I want to or not. After a migraine pill and a pudding (Ideal Protein vanilla) a few minutes shut eye and back to normal.
So keeping on the road is a balancing act. I am enjoying watching the scale staying at the lower point. It fluctuates through out the day. Kindof an experiament I do. Jump on - check. Morning is always the best. And my belly is getting smaller. Well I think it is! I am finding the bones on the pelvic girdle. (the ones the young skinny girls have sticking out and you love to hate them) For so long I convinced myself after having three girls it didn't matter. But it really does.
Every day is convincing me I can be the best that I want to be. You just have to believe in yourself.
Keep on the Road! Now time for my workout. Maybe concentrate on the abs!

No comments: