Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tripping down the Road

What a fantastic weekend. The sun shone all day, even when they kept changing the forecast. I headed down to the cottage on Devil Lake near Westport on Friday afternoon. Thought well if it rains I get to read allot. But instead it was perfect. I read rocking on the hammock, under the trees, listening to the birds, watched the dragonflies(what a lot of them). A stress free day! Went for a swim ( you can count that as a bit of exercise but mostly I just cooled off!) Looked at the canoe... and the water, leaves, bugs, and yuck and decided ... not today. The last time I went in the canoe by myself the wind came up and I paddled in circles scaring myself as I drifted farther away. Devil Lake is a big lake. Something like 50 miles of shoreline. Turns out when you are alone in the canoe you sit at the back but that becomes the front and more of the canoe is behind you. Who knew? Well I do now but haven't had the courage to try again. Need more practice with someone else in the canoe and then will try it by myself.
Saturday I did do the cottage owner bit and cleaned up the screened in porch, swept off the spider webs and hunted for the new wasp hives. A couple had started. Had fun hosing down the cottage. Got wet! Felt like a kid! Great feeling!
Then read. Oh and worked on the crotchet blanket for my newest grandson, Jake.
Now you might wonder why on a fitness blog I would bother mention this relaxing weekend. Well STRESS reduces the weight loss process! So you need to relax to get your body ready for the task on hand... which is staying healthy.
I am also working on a NEW DIET.... EAT WHAT I WANT! Now that sound ridiculous! BUT ... there is always a BUT... You have to decide WHAT IT IS YOU WANT! and that is not just for food... like that delicious ... dessert... snack... extra helping... WHAT IT IS YOU WANT! Hey I said it again... Do you want to be healthy? live longer? play with your kids? grandkids? loose weight? feel energized? Or just feel good? All the questions you ask yourself but this time there is a difference. When you want something you have to decide if that will keep me on the path I have chosen? will it make me feel better? Help me loose weight? Stay the same weight? Be good for me?
Now you can decide that the cheesecake is going to taste soooo good it is worth it. So eat it! IT IS WHAT YOU WANT! Now you have another choice to make. Do nothing! or do something!

3500 calories make 1 pound. That is 1 extra muffin a day! and at the end of the week it is a pound. Oh that is why I never get rid of the extra around the middle. I work out then I treat myself. Dumb!
So tonight after I got home (checked my email, watered the plants) then went for an hour walk! That is what I did for ME!

Tomorrow back to workout at 5:50 am.
Enjoyed my stress free weekend. Hope you enjoyed yours!

No comments: