Friday, July 31, 2009

On the Road but a ' Reluctant Participant'.

I just took the Chatelaine 'What's your exercise personality?' quiz. I usually avoid quizzes especially ones where everyone can see your results but this time I thought... why not? I am a fitness instructor. Love it! but still find I can think of any excuse not to workout. After doing this little quiz I realize I have a title ' Reluctant Participant'. I realize all the benefits but would rather relax.
Boy did it read me! Once I am starting my routine I can think of a million exercises to and don't want to stop. The hour or two just disappears - especially if there are others I am working out with or training. (the social part!)
But to actually start - that is the hard part. I am sure there are others who relate to this. Take the quiz and let me know 'What your exercise personality is?'
Have a great workout!


Quiz: What's your exercise personality?
Find a fitness plan that works for you!
By Katherine Balpataky
Your score indicates that you are a Reluctant participant.
Reluctant participant Whether it's your busy schedule, love of relaxing at home, or apprehensions about the gym, you find it difficult to get into a steady exercise routine. You understand that the benefits of exercise are important enough to make it a priority, but when other things come up, your exercise ambitions often get tossed by the wayside.
Try these tips to turn your inhibition into ambition:
· Pencil it in Take a look at your schedule and write down all the opportunities you have to get active. If possible, try to find a consistent time slot. If that means you will have to get up when everyone else in your house is sleeping, try it for a couple weeks and see if your body can handle the shift. Or if your lunch break is your only free time, start by planning your lunchtime workouts ahead of time so that you can be sure to put the hour to good use.
· Do what you love If you don't enjoy time spent sweating on the treadmill, it's time to find something new. If you have already invested money in a course or gym that you no longer wish to use, try pleading with the manager. If they won't give you a refund, vow to find a new activity that's free or relatively cheap. It's better to get into a regular walking routine than to sporadically attend the high-intensity boxercise class you dread.
· Set your goals Determine what you would like to accomplish with your exercise routine. If increasing the frequency is your main goal, set your schedule, tell your family and associates that you are booking the time off for yourself and promise yourself that exercise will be a high-ranking priority. To improve the quality of your workout, track your progress with our Printable fitness log. If you want to feel better about your body, set a realistic goal for yourself and keep your eyes on the prize!
When you're in your fitness groove, you escape the stress of the day.

No comments: